Sunday, August 25, 2019

Book Review: This Darkness Light, by Michaelbrent Collins


This Darkness LightThis Darkness Light by Michaelbrent Collings

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


It is sometimes nigh impossible to review a novel like "This Darkness Light" without sounding like you're getting paid to review it, which I was not. This was the first and latest novel by Mb Collings I've read. June of 2018 was the first, just finished the second. Yes - it's that good.

Several have gone into detail concerning the plot and characters, so I won't repeat those insights. I read This Darkness Light the second time because the first left me mentally shell-shocked. I was new to Mr. Collings as a reader. My intro to him was via Fivver and a search for a cover for my first novel. Mb won the competition, so I decided by way of gratitude I would give a couple of his books a read.

Damn good call on my part. The prose in this particular novel is a well-woven as the plot. The characters well-defined in a manner rarely matched. Good vs. evil. Unsung heroes and heroines. Unlikely alliances and unexpected turns.

The first novel I read twice was The Lord of the Rings at the age of 15. I can count on one hand the books I love enough to read time and again. I have now added This Darkness Light and Mr. Collings along side of works by Tolkien, Stephen King, Anne Rice, James Clavell, Alexander Dumas and T. H. H. White which I will never tire of re-reading.

If you've read other works by MC, you'll want to add this one. If you've never read anything by this author - this is the perfect place to start.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts and feedback are welcome here. One rule, be respectful of others and their opinions. Thank you for your time,
Robert Ullrich

Most Read Posts