Monday, August 26, 2019

Late-Life Endeavor

Greetings friends and followers,


I want to personally thank every reader who downloaded Memoirs of the not-so Grim Reaper during my promotion. I was rewarded with a number 1 ranking on Amazon for the promo in its genre – Religious Graphic Novels.


My books have now been read in the following countries I know of:
U.S.A. – Canada – England – Ireland – Scotland – France – Portugal – Spain – Germany – Russia – South Africa – Kenya – Australia – New Zealand – Japan – India – Brazil – The Bahamas – Puerto Rico and Mexico. (No, I never imagined this in my wildest dreams. I was hoping to at least sell 500 copies. I’ve done more than a thousand in one day, and over 500 twice).

I embarked on my attempt at a writing career at the tender young age of 62 in 2016 with a collection of poetry; not an easy task, and one which was a literary disaster. I lost a couple thousand dollars on that venture but learned some very valuable lessons. Those lessons gave birth to “Phantom Scorpio Productions”, my very own little publishing enterprise. And yes, I have been approached by others to publish their books. I’m simply not there yet.


I’ve had more jobs than I can count in my lifetime; often working two at a time and for 4 years I held down 3 jobs – two full and one part-time. I have dreamed of being an author since my dad introduced me to Tarzan and by proxy, Edgar Rice Burroughs.

So, here I am at 65 with two poetry collections, a very unorthodox memoir and two novels in a series about an international assassin and philanthropist who redefines the meaning of love and loyalty to me. Not too shabby…


I do believe I am a decent writer and I don't believe, as of yet, to have penned a literary turd as it were – subject, of course to the contrary opinions of some readers who slaughtered Memoirs in their reviews. What I did not anticipate was a writer is as good as his readers believe him to be. It’s gratifying, humbling and stressful all at once. My writing has been compared on more than one occasion to James Patterson, Ted Dekker, Lee Cobb and his “Jack Reacher”. One reader called Memoirs brilliant. Another called it a waste of time. It’s the polarizing effect Memoirs seems to have – which is good. It was part of my plan.



Evolution of a Killer has received all 5-star ratings on Amazon, though not many. It’s doing very well with the GoodReads nation at a 4+ rating. I don’t take the negative reviews very seriously as they have nothing to do with my writing – only the content and only with Memoirs, which makes me happy. I wrote it knowing some would choose to take offense and they have. Makes me happy to see the negative comments since it is a large portion of my motivation for writing it.


I don’t know how many Lazarus Chronicles I have in me, so I am working on the third. You will know when I run out of ideas – Lazarus will die. I never foresaw a happy ending for my killer companion when I created him/me.

Thank you, reader for taking time from your life to allow me to share some of myself with you. It truly is an honor and a privilege. I’d heard writers and actors say that in the past; now I understand what they meant.

“One Witness; A Lazarus Solaris Thriller” has been on the back burner for several months as life has happened again and again. Please don’t give up on me. I haven’t quit – it isn’t in me.









Happy Reading – write some author a nice review today.

Robert Ullrich

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts and feedback are welcome here. One rule, be respectful of others and their opinions. Thank you for your time,
Robert Ullrich

Most Read Posts