Thursday, July 11, 2019

Neighbors


One of my neighbors, albeit not very neighborly, was recently overheard having a late-night alcohol fueled conversation with a friend of his. The subject was me, my wife and our three dogs. The drunken prattle concerned the shooting of our dogs, suggested by my neighbor. His friend responded, from what I have been told, with enthusiasm when he said, “Fuck that shit, we should shoot the owners.”
How do I know he was referring to us? First, the ongoing negative interaction between us, which began with him allowing his small dog to charge mine when they were in the yard, fenced in.  Secondly, we are the only people in a multi-block radius with three dogs. They are not petite – all are rescues from dire circumstances. There’s Günter, or Gunny as we call him – all 90 plus pounds of  two-year-old Shepherd. A playful yet veritable force of nature with a seemingly endless source of energy. Then there’s Banx, our 11to12 year-old, 80-pound Golden retriever. Self-established Alpha of our small pack. He’s older, but a very creative fighter with Gunny to maintain his position as Top-Dog. Last, but far from least, the petite princess and 60-pound Shepherd female, Miss Cheyenne. Difficult to believe for many, Cheyanne is the most dangerous. She was also the most badly abused. She bonded with Kim as only a Shepherd can and will defend her to the death.
Our neighbor seems to find me frustrating, from what he told the police told my wife today. The officer was responding to the latest incident – the overt, outside, loudly declared desired to kill.
Kim told me about the comments on Tuesday the 9th. You could say I became a tad upset – or majorly pissed; whichever you’re comfortable with. I went to the local Police department and got the exact response I expected.
“There’s nothing we can do about the threat, and you should have called immediately.” Kim didn’t tell me for two weeks, knowing how I would react. I was lectured on the necessity of calling immediately when he’s harassing our dogs, or us in any manner; which is futile, He shoots of fireworks in 5-10-minutes. Ensuring the police won’t arrive until it’s too late. They have to be caught in the act. It never happens.
They suggested we journal is action, (I have been since hi dog charged into the canine pack Kin was walking.) Young Master Lincoln has well-documented several incidents. The can be added to the criminal to the criminal complaint.
I have little confidence in SPPD responding in time of a life-threating incident. So I am taking the time to put in security cameras.                      
It would seem almost every neighborhood has a  asshole of their own. Who knows? Maybe the fac I don’t tolerate bullies, drunken wifebeaters, speeding cars down the alley and my commitment to never being an innocent bystander make ME the neighborhood ass-hat.

A hat I can live with.

      
 
 Banx  

                                                                   Mr, Guntar                                                                          
                     
 Cheyenne - Protecting Kim as always

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts and feedback are welcome here. One rule, be respectful of others and their opinions. Thank you for your time,
Robert Ullrich

Most Read Posts