Sunday, February 18, 2018

Challenge in the Work Place.

I was recently faced with a challenge in the workplace. It was of co-existing with the only other member of my team. It's never an easy fix when two parties are at odds with one another. Offences are taken, not given. It is the decision to take offense that ignites the conflict between. More complicated yet is the interaction between two personality types, neither of which are inclined to acquiesce in the midst of conflict. Particularly if one of the parties is bi-polar, as they say these days of the manic-depressive types. The fact the other party is a narcissistic borderline sociopath does little to prove hope in alleviating the conflict either. To undertake such a reconciliation without the aid of a mediator is destined to fail from jump.

I know this for certain. I am never prone to allow the "offended" to deflect the cause of the perceived "offense" back towards me. As my grandfather once said, "You can get glad in the same clothes you got mad in." Succinct. To the point, and wise.

All in all it should prove to be quite an entertaining engagement - for me that is - as for the bi-polar participant; not so much.

Such is life in the world of the gainfully employed. Drama. Conflict. Egos. Feelings. Perceptions. Laziness. Derriere kissing. Jealousy. Fear. Defensiveness.

Not all are bad. Not all are wrong. There are positives as well. Community. Kinship. Team spirit. A sense of belonging. Pride. Friendships. Sharing. Solving problems. Serving.

There was a time I lived for work. That time has long passed. I work now to make a living. Nothing more. My writing is my release, not my work. My writing is my passion, not my work. My writing isn't work. Ergo, I seek release from the bonds of employment and the freedom to write to my hearts content. Provided, of course, it produces enough monetary value to eliminate the need to work for a living.

Wish me luck.
Robert
2/18/2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts and feedback are welcome here. One rule, be respectful of others and their opinions. Thank you for your time,
Robert Ullrich

Most Read Posts